January started with a calamity for my websites. I was notified by the company renting a dedicated
server for the website that the server suffered a root compromise. Translated, this meant that someone
hacked into the server. I had to rebuild the website. I think that it is working well now, but I
am sure some glitches will show themselves.
In rebuilding the websites, I decided to make some needed changes, including restructuring these
periodic notes more broadly as SC wildlife notes. This expansion reflects my expanded interests in
photographing all wildlife.
All this rebuilding took away from my time available for observations. Not unexpectedly, I did not see any
noteworthy herps this month. However, I did capture a few interesting images of other animals.